Monday, March 30, 2009

Surprise

So, I go to get in my car yesterday morning to go to church, and look at what is there to greet me from my seat...
Need a closer look?
Yes. That is a frog. On my seat. NO BUENO. And of course, in my very messy car, and in his attempt to get out, he got covered in Bella and Anna-Marie hair, which is sort of gross, but oh well! I had to go break off a stem of Ligustrum, go around to the other side of the car, and then persuade him with the stick that what he really wanted to do was jump out in one clean hop. It took a couple more than I would have liked, but finally, he was gone, and I was able to get in to go to church. The whole way, though, I was looking around trying to make sure none of his little friends were still lurking waiting to jump out at me!


------------------------



I also fixed this REALLY good grilled chicken recipe this week, so I thought I would share it! I sort of made up all the marinades, but they turned out really well, so here goes!

1. I layed out two pieces of boneless and skinless chicken breasts to thaw out for a couple of hours.

2. I then marinated the chicken in the following sauce for about two hours before I grilled them.

  • 1/4 cup Dale's sauce (I used the low sodium variety because it's a lot thicker, and because it's all I had!)
  • ~4 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Seasoned salt (prob. about a 1/2 tsp.)
  • Garlic powder (prob. about a 1/2 tsp.)
  • Tobasco sauce (I didn't use too much of this, but I think it would have been even better with just a little more to spice up the chicken a little!)

3. Just before grilling the chicken, I cut up a package of portabello mushrooms slices and tossed them in a little olive oil and lemon juice. During the grilling process, I cooked these in a black iron skillet right on the grill.

4. After I taking the chicken and mushrooms off the grill, I put a little pico de gala (from a can, of course) on top of the chicken with a little lemon juice. I even had mashed potatoes with it (from a bag of course, with about 2 Tbsp. of butter to make it good!) It turned out really tender and VERY flavorful! I would definitely recommmend it!

These were leftovers for lunch today, and they were STILL good!!

2 comments:

Pat Lee said...

Oh my goodness, Anna Marie. Remind me to share my tree frog story with you one day. It involves a hopping frog, in my car while I'm driving alone, in the rain. Yep.

Kelly White said...

Anna-Ree you are awesome...you make me "feel" what you're saying...I get you! Love your Blog!