Monday, March 9, 2009

The last month...

It's been a long time, but I definitely haven't forgotten about the blog!

Since the last post, I've been scootin' back and forth to Atlanta for research conferences, putting in research studies, studying, and doing everything in between as well! But it's all been fun, and it's definitely all been worth it in the end.
In the last part of January, I went to the first research conference of the year in Atlanta. Southern Region ASHS was good for me, in that it let me really see what these conferences were all about. I placed first in my division, and headed on back to Auburn!
Two weeks later, just days before Valentine's Day weekend, I headed back to Atlanta for SNA (Southern Nursery Association). I competed again there, and was blessed with first place again! So, as you can definitely tell, February was a good month for the bank account!
But the road trips weren't over yet! Straight from Atlanta I came, barreling back into Dothan for the First Baptist DiscipleNow. It was truly a whorlwind weekend, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without my really good friend, Andrea! I swear, I think she's pretty much one of the most awesome people I know!
The next week flew by as well, although my entire research project was initiated, and then I was off to Greenville (with Andrea again, thank goodness!) for the Southside Baptist Church DiscipleNow weekend. Once again, it was a blast, and having the chance to reconnect with girls that I had been able to be with last year was such a blessing!

Back to Auburn for another hard week at work, but finally a huge reward! It was Venture weekend. Venture is a weekend program that my church, Lakeview Baptist Church, puts on for its college students. It's the equivalent of a DiscipleNow experience, but much more laid back. Mr. and Mrs. Tim Speaks were so gracious to host us, and Mr. Tim was also our bible study leader. Being able to spend the weekend in their home was beyond what I could have asked for in relaxation. (Plus it was good to be in a well-built home for all the bad weather we had that Saturday morning!)
Then......
IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday morning, we woke up at the Speaks' home, and were welcomed by the big white fluffy stuff! It was such a gift from God after all the bad weather from the previous day (although somehow, in some way, that was a blessing too, because it's really important we learn to be content in the hard times as well). We weren't able to play before church, but you can bet that as soon as Brother Al dismissed us all, it was out to the fields. Sarah and I had a ton of fun just running around in it, and playing as best we could. We couldn't pick up little Bella (my adorable Cocker Spaniel) until 4:00 that afternoon, so we made sure to leave her a good strip of snow in the yard that she could play with! She had so much fun running around trying to eat what snow we throw her way. I think she and I both had such an amazing time!

We had so much fun clowning around! Bella did get a little bit wet, as you can imagine, but she loved every minute of it!
The amazing sky after the snow was over!
Hope your month was fun too!!

1 comments:

fmurphy said...

I wish I could have seen you guys playing in the snow. Bella looks sort of like a drowned rat. Don't forget to send me some pictures.
Love
Mom