I’m on vacation!! I’ve been telling everybody I haven’t had a vacation in a while, but as I started going back through the last 12 months of pictures, I realized that wasn’t true AT ALL. While some of the trips have been work related, they’ve mostly ALL been fun :). As I went back through all of them, I started making some folders full of pictures that would best describe the last year of my life. I’m starting today with ‘PLACES’, and then moving on to some other categories (both predictable…and unique!!)
I was able to go to Spain...

and see the Mediterranean!!

We were able to stay on a farm, and see a wonderful sunset...

as well as some GORGEOUS architecture!

I came back home for a week, and worked to turn all my bags around to go to....

MYERSCOUGH!!

I spent six weeks at this place in England in the summer of 2007, and had an awesome opportunity to revisit it last June!

I revisited many places, including Lake Windermere in the Lake District...

where I came across strong memories from home...

and some old bunny friends!!

Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport welcomed me home again....along with mom and dad!

and I was glad to be back in God's country.

But the summer wasn't all fun...it was a lot of work too! This was at Moore and Davis Nursery in Shorter, AL!

I found time to go to Dothan for one very special puppy's first birthday! There were over 30 people there!!

Then off to Athens, AL for some on-site demonstration work at Strain and Sons Nursery, Inc.!

I even found time to relax at Farmlinks Golf Course in Sylacauga, AL....oh wait....that was a school field trip.....but it was still very relaxing!!!!

Towards the end of the summer, I had the opportunity to spend some time with my friend Andrea at the beach, but was greeted with this huge water spout coming in off the gulf! It was a little scary at first, but the pictures were worth it!

Ahhhh, back home again....

and back to work!!

September brought around Hort Welcome Day....

and FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! Tailgating with the family is kind of like a vacation!


But let's not forget about the work....I wouldn't want you to think I was just a bum all year!

Football season continued with a fun trip to Knoxville....

where we won!!

Of course, it was nice to stay up in the mountains, even if it was a little drive from the game!


I felt like I constantly lived like this....but it was all well worth it!

Down to Mobile, and then to Biloxi for the International Plant Producer's Society Southern Region meeting! It was good to see old friends....

and have new experiences!

Not a week later, I made the journey to Louisville, KY with the PLANET group! There
might have been a little traffic, and I
might have made a student get out of the van in order to get this picture....but again, it was worth it.

Back to Auburn!!!

Next comes Christmas, and the best decorated office in the building! Don't worry, we have the trophy to prove it!

And then New Year's in Atlanta with Caitlin....and some other people!

And then.........to DISNEY WORLD!!!!! I got to see Aubie compete in the national mascot competition. He got SECOND!!!!!!

Back to reality, and to the Gulf States Horticultural Expo in Mobile, AL.

And then back to Auburn, where I could wind down a little bit! The time back in Auburn was definitely divided into two parts though! The time before the snow......


and the time AFTER!!!!!!


We all had so much fun playing in the snow! And even the fam came to visit and see the snow!!

More work, out at EV Smith....

and at the greenhouses!!

Wait, what? More snow? That's right, I forgot!! I even learned how to ski this year, up at Appalachian Ski Mountain in North Carolina!


Back home again, and to a basketball game with friends!

and then back to work, helping a friend to put in his FIRST of MANY research projects!

Off to Birmingham with the PLANET students to Equipment Day at Blackjack Horticulture....

and then back to Auburn for the final basketball game to be held in the Coliseum!

And now I'm at the beach!! I'm a little mad at myself for not having the cord to connect my camera to the computer to share some of the fun we've all had here, but at least that leaves a story for later on!
So, this is not my first vacation in a while. I've been blessed to spend about two months on the road this year, and have loved every minute of it! I can't wait for tomorrow's category, as it encompasses some of my favorite things in life! See you later!
0 comments:
Post a Comment