Sunday, December 21, 2008

Something New!

I've never been good at keeping a journal, or really doing much of anything with true consistency. However, I'm beginning a new chapter in my life, and really want to keep up with the details, so that one day, I'll be able to look back, and adequately determine just how far I've come! I've thought it through, and blogging seems to be the easiest way for me to do just that. I know that I'll never be an Abby Maddox or a Robin Brookshire, whose blogs I look forward to so often, and find myself disappointed when there's nothing new for me to devour. So, while that's not an apology to anyone who might read this, it is a fair warning!

Let me give a little background information first! Just this past Friday, I graduated from Auburn University with a Bachelors degree of Science in Horticulture! It was such a great day, with my parents there to celebrate it with me. We had a full day of breakfast banquets (who knew you could call a breakfast a banquet?!?), meeting and greeting professors, the graduation ceremony itself, as well as a wonderful dinner at Provino's in Auburn (we walked right in with our reservation, which made the food even better!!). It was one of the most perfect days I've had in a long time, and I know that it will be at least two years before I'll experience anything much like it again...which brings me to Graduate School.

For the next two years, I'll be furthering my education in Horticulture. I'll be working with some of the most renowned professors and researchers of their field on substrate analysis and evaluation. (Basically, we research the stuff you grow plants in :)). I can't wait to get started, but also can't help thinking if I made the right choice or not. While since my junior year, I've known that I wanted to learn more and chase dreams in this field, I've known since being a junior in high school that I was called to the mission field. While I initially prayed about staying in Auburn for graduate school, I can't say that I've consulted His guidance recently, and that sort of scares me. I know that what I'm doing isn't wrong, per se, but is it truly right? The only way to find out is to get back in the Word, and work through all of this to see what He'll have me do.

I need to go for now, and finish cleaning up my room before my mom gets back from her Christmas party (I don't think I'll ever be too old to stop cleaning my room when I come home!). I can't wait, though, to continue to blog about my life. I know that while it may not be all that interesting, humans are naturally curious. I mean, I admit that I have a weekly list of blogs to check ;)! So, bye for now!

0 comments: